Qualification: Level 3 Certificate in Mathematical Studies
Core Maths is a Level 3 Maths qualification. These qualifications are equal in size to an AS level qualification and are graded A-E. Core Maths carries the same number of UCAS points as an AS level qualification.
Core Maths is great for students who have passed GCSE Maths with a grade 5 or above but have not chosen to study A Level Maths.
It can be studied in a single year or over two years alongside other A levels and qualifications.
Core Maths helps students develop their quantitative and problem-solving skills. Helping you understand and apply mathematical reasoning. This course will give you confidence in understanding the mathematical content in other courses you are studying and offers valuable experience for many degree courses. This is one of our 4th Pathway options and can be completed alongside your other Level 3 subjects either over 1 or 2 years.
Why choose Core Maths?
- You will develop your problem solving skills.
- Many universities recognise this qualification.
- Transferable skills in working with data
- Great to study alongside other A levels such as Biology, Business, Physics and Economics
- Valuable experience for many degree courses such as phycology, business, social sciene, sport science and geography.
- You will gain new quantitative skills using real-life calculations.
How will you be assessed?
60 marks covering the content on quantitative reasoning, personal finance and analysing data
60 marks covering the content of critical paths and risk analysis.
- Data Analyst / Statistician
- Air Traffic Controller
- Civil Engineer
- Cyber Intelligence Officer
- Bank Manager