A Level Results at Nottingham Academy
Pupils at Nottingham Academy are celebrating after receiving their A-Level results
Pupils and staff at Nottingham Academy, located on Greenwood Road and sponsored by Greenwood Academies Trust, are celebrating after receiving their A-Level grades today.
Pupils at the Academy achieved a year of brilliant results, and many are now preparing to head off to their chosen university, apprenticeship or employment next month.
Some individual successes include:
· Aliyyah Ali who has successfully achieved two As in sociology and religious studies and Distinction* in health and social care. Aliyyah has secured a place to study sociology at the University of Nottingham.
· Ella Coyle who has successfully achieved two A*s in psychology and English literature and an A in history. Ella has secured her place to study law at the University of Sheffield.
· Hamidullah Nasery who has successfully achieved two A*s in physics and mathematics and an A in chemistry. He has secured his place to study aerospace engineering at the University of Nottingham.
· Dean Mahmood who has successfully achieved three As in biology, chemistry and mathematics and he has secured his place to study chemistry at the Imperial College London.
· Timothy Clinkscale who has successfully achieved a Distinction in health and social care and a Double Distinction in Sport. He has secured an apprenticeship with Nottingham Police.
This year, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Government decided that pupils’ grades would be based on work they had produced throughout their course and final grades would be moderated and assessed by external exam boards.
Harry French, Principal at Nottingham Academy, said:
“Congratulations to all our pupils for receiving their A-Level grades. Throughout the pandemic, our pupils have remained committed to their learning and continued to excel and progress. Today is a culmination of all that hard work and it is wonderful to see their dedication rewarded.
“We are now excited to see them take their next steps into their future. We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported our pupils and the Academy, particularly as we have navigated these unprecedented times, it has been hugely appreciated.”