Careers Fair 2019
Nottingham Academy is hosting a careers day to give pupils an insight into potential career choices.
The aim is to provide pupils with meaningful experiences that will enhance their college and career readiness by providing them with the tools and pathways for their future.
The careers fair will offer pupils an opportunity to learn more about higher education and careers they might be interested in.
We will expect pupils to be asking questions about potential pathways and to be seeking advice on required training and networking for their potential career choices.
Pupils from year 8 through to sixth form will attend the careers fairs at different times throughout the day.
Year 8 pupils will be in the process of choosing their Key Stage 4 option choices (GCSE’s and Technical qualifications) and will be encouraged to think about potential future careers and education pathways whereas Year 11 and sixth form pupils will be making their final decisions on post 16 and post 18 destinations.
Aims of the Careers Fair
- Raise aspirations and broaden horizons
- Help children make links between the subjects they are studying and their futures and in doing so motivate them to work harder and improve their educational attainment.
- Increase student’s awareness to the availability of opportunities in their local area.
- Raise awareness of education, vocational and alternative pathways
- Support year 11 and 6th form students with decisions on their destination choices and application.
Greenwood Road Secondary Campus – Wednesday 3rd April
Ransom Road Campus – Thursday 4th April
We have some great companies taking part, see document below for a full list.
If your company would like to take part in the day, see document 'Careers Fair' for more information.