The Results are in!
Pupils and staff at Nottingham Academy are celebrating after receiving A Level results today.
Performance across the Academy has seen overall improvements, with an increase in the number of students obtaining both traditional A Levels and vocational qualifications.
Whilst all pupils have done remarkably well, we would like to extend our congratulations to Niamh Keep, who obtained an A* with her determination and great enthusiasm. Niamh was thrilled to be accepting her place at Nottingham Trent University where she will study Fine Art. She has the ambition to help and support people with mental health issues with her art.
Other exceptional achievements include:
- Sisters Samina and Salima both overcame personal circumstances and achieved fantastic grades and are heading to Leeds University where they will both study Philosophy, Ethics and Religion
- Pary Amin, who throughout her time at Nottingham Academy applied herself, entering the Big Bang Competition last year. Pary is heading to Sheffield University to study Biomedical Science
- Wildcats Basketball star, Brahe Ashton who is taking her studies abroad to Georgia Southwestern State University in America
- Also heading stateside, David Oniyah will be studying Marine Biology at The University of Maine at Machias
- Panashe Kanjere is taking full advantage of his A in History and will be studying the subject at the London School of Economics.
Ged Rae, Lead Principal at Nottingham Academy, said: “I am delighted by the achievements of our Nottingham Academy Sixth Form students. Working with our highly committed staff they have achieved the success that their hard work and determination most certainly deserved. Individually and collectively I am confident that this group of young people will go on to make a positive difference in their next stage of learning, training and employment. I wish them well.”