We hope all of our pupils will be working through their workbooks whilst you are off school but when you need a break have a look through this list Mrs Baouane has curated for you!
Boredom-busting activities to do at home
- Keep a journal. Each day spend 6 minutes writing a response to the following points:
- I’m grateful for… (make 3 points)
- This is how I’ll make today great…
- My good deed today…
- How I’ll improve…
- Great things I experienced today… (make 3 points)
- Stay fit. Joe Wicks 7 days of sweat. Hit link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmdXilQaqA
- Photography challenge. Document your time in self isolation in photographs (your mood, what you did, how you felt).
- Cookery challenge. Look in the cupboards. What do you have? Can you come up with a meal idea from it? Get your adult to help you. Extra marks for putting together a totally original/mad/weird recipe.
- Learn a skill from the internet (for example, learn to juggle/ play the guitar/ learn a dance. Hit the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZmmOdnljG4
- Learn a magic trick from the internet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWw_1-gEdLA
- Learn a dance step (for example “How to moonwalk”). Hit the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYT48mu-TIc
- Pick a type of food that you like and grow it. Get the seeds from the fruit or veg and actually grow your food in a pot. Great way to get some fresh air.
- Make an origami crane (hit the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfnyopxdJXQ)
- Learn some basic sign language (hit the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU8XdJgK3aY)
- Learn some new words in a foreign language
- Read a book that you haven’t read before. Challenge yourself!
- Pick a household chore and take it over (want to know how to iron? Hit the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnkHbDKnSJ4.)
- Learn how to recycle (Visit “Terracycle”. Hit the link: https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/)
- Calculate the value of pi (3.14) to as many decimal points as you can (it goes on forever!)
- Go on line and find a World Record that you can try and break at home (hit the link: https://kids.guinnessworldrecords.com/act…/try-this-at-home/)
Use your time at home to learn everything you’ve always wanted to: Free Online Courses, Audio Books, eBooks, movies as well as your school work!