Year 9 Home Learning
Welcome back, it's good to see you again...
Choose a Subject on the right hand side to get started. You will find a range of activities to work through whilst you're at home.
Submitting Completed Work
Don't forget to use Microsoft Teams to check if you have any whole-class assignments. You can also submit completed work via Microsoft Teams or School Email.
Independent Study Guide
In addition to the work set for you on Teams, Miss Lewis has created a useful Independent Study Guide for all subjects. This guide details what additional work you can do to boost your knowledge.
All Nottingham Academy GCSE subjects can access home learning through GCSEPod, this is an online platform that makes it easy to learn and revise from wherever you are, on any device and it particularly suited to remote learning.
Go to www.gcsepod.com and enter your Nottingham Academy email address and password to access GCSEpod.
Pupils can access a range of mathematics tasks on MathsWatch, pupils need to select 'login', they then login with credentials provided. www.mathswatch.co.uk
Free Audio Books from Audible
Audiobook service Audible -- which is owned by Amazon -- is offering free streams on a select number of children's stories across six languages to keep kids "dreaming, learning, and just being kids,". The service will be available for as long as schools are closed, it said.
The books are separated into six categories: "Littlest Listeners," "Elementary," "Tween," "Teen," "Literary Classics" and "Folk & Fairy Tales for All."
Books are available in English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese and Italian.
Visit Audible and start listening.
MFL Online Revision sources
French and Spanish language learning websites to support independent learning/ revision.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/z9dqxnb (French) · http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/z4dqxnb (Spanish)
- http://www.languagesonline.org.uk- Quizlet/ Games/ vocab
- http://www.language-gym.com- verb trainer/ workouts/ games
- https://www.duolingo.com/- set yourself 5/10 mins a day/ set yourself a daily challenge
- https://lyricstraining.com/en- Improve your listening comprehension and practice with different accents interacting with the best music videos, filling the gaps in the lyrics and using the Karaoke
- www.learn.co.uk – mainly French at the moment
Extra worksheets and resources c
Can be found by year group/ KS on the website here
French TV News/ Programmes
https://www.1jour1actu.com/ - French Newsround page
https://www.newsinslowfrench.com/ - News in French (slow) & Podcasts