Pupils and staff join in A Levels celebrations at Nottingham Academy
Despite disruption from the Covid-19 pandemic and its subsequent impact, pupils, families and staff have worked incredibly hard and shown great resilience over recent years and, as a result, the Academy is delighted with the excellent results shared with pupils today.
While the Academy is proud of all pupils’ efforts, some individual highlights include:
- Natalie Charity, who successfully achieved an A* in biology, an A in chemistry and an A in mathematics. Natalie has secured a full scholarship at Simon Fraser University at Burnaby, Canada where she will continue playing basketball at an elite level.
- Yemisi Mefful, who is celebrating two A* in psychology and physical education and an A in biology and has secured her place to study Psychology at UCL, London.
- Cody Shaw, who earned three A’s in chemistry, physics and mathematics and has secured his place studying Aerospace Engineering, including an industrial year at the University of Nottingham.
- Ben Smith, who is excited to receive two A’s in chemistry and mathematics and a B in physics. Ben has secured his place to study Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nottingham.
- Esther Kochi-Kafesu, who achieved three Distinctions in children’s play, learning and development, health and social care and business and has secured her place to study Business and Management at the University of Leicester.
Jessie Elbaz, Executive Principal at Nottingham Academy, said:
“Congratulations to our wonderful sixth form pupils on their results; they have worked extremely hard and deserve their success. At Nottingham Academy we strive to develop pupils who are aspirational, and I am delighted that many of them have achieved their goals, which will see the vast majority gaining their first-choice university offer or other training or employment. I wish all our pupils who joined us today every success in their future endeavors.”