Greenwood Academies Trust has teamed up with the DHL UK Foundation to support the education and employability of young people across the UK. The partnership brings together GAT Academies and DHL colleagues and aims to:
- Raise aspirations and give students an insight into the work of world.
- Help students develop key employability skills including confidence, resilience, teamwork, problem solving and communication skills.
- Raise awareness of DHL and career opportunities in the logistics industry.
Working in partnership with the DHL businesses in the UK, DHL colleagues who sign up to the GoTeach programme will support schools across the UK and deliver the following engagement activities – all of which are designed and developed in partnership with the DHL UK Foundation’s partnerships with Teach First and The Outward Bound Trust:
- Introduction to Logistics Assembly with year 10 and Workshop Sessions
- A week long outdoor education residential trip
- Site Visits
- Employability Skills Workshops
- CV & Interview Skills Workshops
For more information about the DHL UK Foundation please visit www.dhlukfoundation.org or contact GoTeachUK@dhl.com to get in touch.
Logistics isn’t necessarily an industry that instantly springs to mind for school leavers, so it is great to be able to give students a flavour of what a career in logistics could mean and the international opportunities that it presents.